The saying "You can't cut to greatness" is as true for business as it is for our own financial goals.
However I want to share with you some simple activities you can implement, delivering great savings, whilst maintaining your current quality of life and helping you achieve your financial goals sooner.
- Change your transactional bank account and credit card fees. Switch to a nil cost account/provider.
- Change lenders or products if you have a home loan. Compare rates and consider benefits of changing to an offset account.
- Review your insurance providers (life & general) and compare terms & costs vs. competitors terms & costs
- Review your utility suppliers (power, phone, gas) fees and services vs. competitors.
- Apply for a commission refund if not accessing advice on your retirement accounts.
- Claim your rightful deductions in your annual tax return.
- Spend your money more in alignment with your values. Challenge your spending that’s for show.
- Automate your finances. Save on late fees. Some provides give discount for paying on time while paying on time also improves your credit rating.
- Get a money jar for all you spare change.
- Take care of what you own. Saves money on maintenance and repair costs.
Feel free to add more helpful ideas in the comments area.