“Free at last, Free at last, Thank God almighty we are free at last.” Martin Luther King.
Today I want to talk about freedom. Your freedom and my freedom.
Money means different things to different people but to many of us it really means Freedom. Freedom to choose. Freedom to do nothing or something. Freedom to what we want with our time. Freedom to help others. Freedom from worry.
The challenge we all face, is that our level of freedom is contingent on our ability to leverage our time.
This can be a MAJOR hurdle since Time=Money. Interestingly delegating in the short term may cost us more than our current expenditures, however choosing not to delegate actually costs us more money in the long term.
Warning: If you’re a tight wad with your cash as well as having a control freak, no one can do it better than you personality; delegation is going to be a real challenge for you. The same is true if you having an overly anxious and worried disposition, so worried that maybe you don’t even trust yourself.
So for those who have one or both of these two above personality traits, you may have to make a change before you can move forward it’s imperative you address your “trust” issues first.
“What is the one thing that changes everything? It is common to every single individual, relationship, family, team, company, economy, country and nation?
The one thing that if removed, will destroy the most powerful government, successful business, greatest friendship and the deepest love?
On the other hand if developed and leveraged, this one thing has the potential to create unparalleled success and prosperity in every dimension life has to offer?
This one thing is TRUST.” Steve Covey Speed of Trust
If you want to experience greater freedom, find someone you can trust, delegate that specific task to them and then focus your attention on doing more of the things that you receive a direct benefit from i.e. exercise, in person conversations with friends, colleagues and loved ones, spiritual growth, personal experiences and studies, while delegating and automate everything else to those whom you trust. Because by creating more time for yourself you will have greater choices, more opportunities, be less stressed and be better placed to experience a higher quality of life for yourself and those important to you.
My role is simple. I help you free up your time, help you to make smarter choices about your money and help you to achieve your important goals sooner.
Tips to help you achieve your goals sooner.
- Identify what you would be doing today if you were truly living your ideal life. You activities, your interests, who you would be with. Your ideal life should be deeply inspirational to you.
- Identify what needs to be delegated and the people who you can absolutely trust to deliver and help you attain and maintain your ideal life.
- Build on your delegated activities. Doing so will help you to better identify, hold accountable and manage your delegation process.
- Do only your highest pay off activities for your time and delegate the low cost (time) activities i.e. income generation vs administration.
- Become more trusted. Trust = Character & Competence.
- Help others save time too, be this through sharing automation techniques, testimonials or introductions to those whom you delegate your tasks to.
- Consolidate, Simplify, Automate daily tasks and your important documents and activities.
- Benchmark and review at least semi-annually your progress towards your goals (short, medium & long term).
- Let go of what you can’t control and the past. Focus your time and energy on improving that which you can control today and in the future.
About Peter Horsfield
Peter Horsfield in an Authorised Representative and Investsure Holdings Pty Ltd ABN 16 050 286 630 as trustee for Horsfield Family Trust ABN 55 609 068 513 is a Corporate Authorised Representative of Infocus Securities Australia Pty Ltd ABN 47 097 797 049 AFSL and Australian Credit Licence No. 236523.