- Let go of your past. The past is dry cement. We cannot change it, however the choices we make today can change our future. So, next time your thoughts drift back, and we start to self-judge. Be like Elsa from the movie Frozen and start singing “Let it Go!”.
- Do something. “An inch of action will always get you further than miles of your best intentions”. We do not have to do a marathon immediately, just put your shoes on and go for a walk. If you want more financial security, start saving a little. If you want better relationships and business, we can start by making one phone call a day to some one important. Remember motion begets motion.
- Get out of your head and go for a walk. Sitting all day at your desk is not only unhealthy it arches our back, slopes our shoulders, and shortens our breath. If we want to feel better, think more clearly, problem solve better and be more creative, then go for a walk with our head up and our shoulders back.
- Write it down. “If it’s in your head, it’s dead’. Fact, ninety two percent of people do not achieve their goals. The eight percent who do achieve their goals, all have their goals written down and their goals are specific, motivational, aspirational, realistic and time bound AKA SMART goals.
- Decide. Do it. Drop it. Delay it or Delegate it. Deciding to do something or not, helps us prioritise and act. It also gives our brain more capacity to process our “Do it now” tasks that we have chosen to focus on. Deciding increases our chance of success along with less distracting thoughts.
- Be accountable to someone. Ever hit the snooze button on your alarm clock after telling yourself you were going to go for that run? Now imagine if you had a friend who had also gotten up super early to exercise with you. Would you have more motivation to get out of bed or hit that snooze button? Accountability works, so draw on its power, to creating your ideal life.
- Declutter everything. If it does not serve you or spark your inner joy, it is holding you back. This includes relationships, your career, your lifestyle, finances and whatever else that may be hurting you or hindering you from being true yourself and supporting you to live your ideal life.
- Live by your own expectations. Not the Jones’s, not your parents, your boss, your friends or even your partner. Loose the temptation to compare yourself to others. Be true to yourself and discover your own joy. Authenticity attracts as much as it is liberating at the same time.
- Make it your thing. “Choose an occupation you love, and you’ll never have to work a day in your life”. Chances are if you can make your passion financially viable; you will be more successful, be given more opportunities and inspire a greater number of people who have a similar passion.
- Live with gratitude. Although difficult, have gratitude for others and ourselves for our hurt and pains. It is from this pain that we have grown to become who we are today. If we can start to notice the good things, appreciate them and express our gratitude more frequently then we will start to find joy of more things in our lives and experience greater peace.
If you are stuck in a rut or need some clarity to help you move forward and make better choices and live your ideal life sooner I look forward to your reply.
The following article may also be of help
This post was written by Peter Horsfield, as such they are his personal views. Peter helps you to focus on what’s most important, the right strategies at the right time. To learn more about How to become Financially Independent visit Peter Horsfield Smart Advice
About Peter Horsfield
Peter Horsfield in an Authorised Representative and Investsure Holdings Pty Ltd ABN 16 050 286 630 as trustee for Horsfield Family Trust ABN 55 609 068 513 is a Corporate Authorised Representative of Infocus Securities Australia Pty Ltd ABN 47 097 797 049 AFSL and Australian Credit Licence No. 236523.